PowerAire's Micro-Combined Scalable Cooling, Heat and Power System for Commercial, Industrial or Home Applications
CHP plus Split-System Cooling - Continuous Independent Power with a PowerAire Trigeneration Unit
Executive Summary: The PowerAire system offers continuous power generation powered by natural gas or propane. With its built-in inverter and battery bank, it can also take advantage of solar and wind inputs to augment the system. A major benefit is the unit’s ability to handle both cooling and heating loads. Because it offloads the HVAC demand and serves as a scalable electricity generator – it is set apart from anything else in the commercial market. PACE Houston is pleased to make you aware of this product that is manufactured by M-Trigen and distributed by OHM International.
- Powered from natural gas, LNG or propane, with an on-board battery bank, ensures uninterrupted power for electricity, heating, cooling and refrigeration
- Installs within existing HVAC infrastructure and electrical panels – grid becomes back-up
- Whisper Quiet – Operates between 59-63 dB
- Scalable – from small form packages to parallel installations to over 1 MW
- AC/DC – Inputs and outputs
- Strong 5-year limited warranty
- Supports latest ultra-high efficiency A/C VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) technologies
- Redundant electric & engine driven compression
- Engine heat to refrigerant heat exchanger allowing heat pump operations to -15 degrees Fahrenheit
- Inverter Based Variable Speed Power Generation
- Additional water loop engine heat distribution for boilers or hydronic systems
- On board heat dump
PowerAire is Code Ready
Texas Assembly and Distribution Plant Achieves Grid Independence with M-Trigen's PowerAire Unit
This 30,000 SF building recently installed 24 natural gas fired mCCHP (micro combined cooling, heating and power units) which are producing:
- Electricity: 144 kW
- Cooling/Heating: 600 kW (170 tons)
- Battery UPS Storage: 150 kWh
- Solar: 144 kW
The electricity displacement is equivalent to 1 MW. The system also provides continuous automatic backup power in case of a utility power outage.
CODE READY –ETL labeling approvals and conforms to UL Standards 1995 and 2200, ANSI Standard Z21.40.2R(2002) and are certified to CSA Standards C22.2 Nos. 100 and 236 and CGA Standards 2.17 and 2.92 R(2002).
Does the unit contain a compressor?
Yes, it contains a mechanically driven a/c compressor which serves as the primary R410 refrigerant supply.
What does a heat pump's heat do outside of the unit?
The heat pump produces either heating or cooling depending on the need. We drive it with our a/c compressor to manage either one.
Since the unit produces both A/C and D/C power, what is DC typically used for outside the unit?
DC Power can be used for motors or pumps.
Does propane work for all functions.
Yes, units can be ordered in Propane or Natural Gas
What percent of a solar panel's cost is the inverter and is that portion eligible for the applicable solar ITC? Approximately 40% of a unit's cost is comprised of it's batteries and inverters. In cases where the owner chooses to install both solar and the PowerAire trigeneration unit, the solar panels can use the unit's own batteries and inverters. That portion of the unit's cost would then be eligible for a 30% solar tax credit. And that synergistic efficiency serves to reduce the cost of stand-alone solar panels.